Friday, May 1, 2015

April 24 (Day 4)

Today we learned about how to use iMovie to make a trailer. Although my group didn't end up making a very educational trailer, we had a lot of fun. We also realized how useful that kind of resource would be in the classroom.  I think that using iMovie in a science class would be especially useful, because students could record experiments, and watch them multiple times which would give them the opportunity notice more in their following views of the video. Having access to old projects would be helpful to students for review as well. I also feel like students could use iMovie to record presentations for classes to help teach them about the importance of collaboration. I also feel like having these videos would be a really beneficial resource for teachers to use as examples in later years to show their new students some previous ideas that other students used. We also learned a little bit about how to use Google Earth. I'd never used Google Earth before, and I thought it was a very useful resource: a friend of mine told me that one of her family members actually uses it for directions instead of a map application. I think that using Google Earth would be really helpful to teachers when students are learning about geography, because actually seeing places and being given an idea of the distance between them would make a bigger impression on the students, and they would be more likely to remember where places are.

No comments:

Post a Comment